Here’s a little summary of recent events that relentlessly assault one’s mind and spirit, making it far too much to feel like doing anything other than hiding at home:
1) Another terrorist attack occurs within our borders, killing three and injuring scores at the Boston Marathon. I can tell you that some of those injured will suffer lifelong disabilities because of the shrapnel (ball bearings, nails). The authorities, despite the proliferation of Orwell-style surveillance cameras in America’s cities, are without leads and have made no arrests.
2) English leftists engage in drunken street celebrations of Margaret Thatcher’s death.
3) The Benghazi massacre of 9/11/12 goes uninvestigated by the U.S. Congress. Speaker of the House John Boehner says there’s not enough money to launch an investigation. (Prediction: We’ll never find out where either Mrs Clinton or Mr. Obama was during the hours-long attack on our embassy. It’s not polite conversation.)
4) Since Barack Obama took office and increasingly onerous federal regulations have kicked in, record numbers of America’s physicians are being forced into bankruptcies.
5) Been to the grocery store lately? Do you believe what the federal government is telling you about price increases?