Rush Limbaugh said during today’s broadcast that the strategy for Democrats during the upcoming Congressional Hearing into the September 11, 2012 Benghazi massacre is to protect Hillary Clinton from political damage at all costs. That would all be carefully designed to secure her nomination for the 2016 presidential campaign.
So, what’s going to happen on Wednesday? I’ve seen too many of these much ballyhooed Congressional hearings devolve into polite rhetoric and never-asked questions which would have gotten to the heart of the matter:
1) Where was Barack Obama during the hours-long attack on the American Embassy?
2) Where was Hillary Clinton during the attack?
3) Who was involved in the Situation Room decision-making processes while the battle raged?
4) Who (not which department – which person) made the decision not to sent in military combat-ready reinforcements while there was time to save the lives of the Americans who were under attack?
5) Who gave the order for the on-site reinforcements to stand down and not go to assist the beseiged Americans at the safehouse, where the final killings took place?
6) What were Ambassador Christopher Stevens and his contingent actually doing on behalf of the United States Government in Benghazi?
7) Who decided to use that inane video The Innocence of Muhammad as a cover and reason for the attack in the first place?
To its credit, Fox News has provided some hard-hitting information and statements from a few of the “whistle blowers” who are to testify. We shall see if any of that gets into the record under oath. Sworn testimony is the only thing that matters. Sensational news reports are only good for the trash heap.
Will the MSM ignore the hearings and continue to provide relentless cover for the Obama Administration? Will C-Span cover the proceedings, even if there is devastating testimony forthcoming? Or will C-Span cut away to something else until the damaging information has been spoken while off the air?
Your guess is as good as mine is. I’m not optimistic about anything – especially about the truth coming to the surface. We have to wait and see.